Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mmmmmmm Egg Whites...

You know what they say: "New year, new you", and lately I've been on a health kick trying to lose weight. I want to feel better about myself and be healthier for my future. Unfortunately, I have a serious addiction to SUGAR and COFFEE! If you know me, you know I love food.. all types of food, especially the sweet stuff. It doesn't help that I'm pretty good at making it. But I'm proud of myself right now, because for dinner I made myself an egg white english muffin.




What I used:
  • One english muffin
  • One slice Provolone cheese
  • One egg white (crack the egg and seperate the yolk with your fingers like a colander.)
  • Lite Mayo or Miracle Whip
  • Sliced turkey or ham
  • Salt & Pepper for the egg whites
What I did:
  •  Split the muffin in half, toast it.
  • Once muffin is toasty and warm, put the cheese and turkey on bottom piece.
  • Microwave bottom piece until cheese is kinda melty and turkey is warm.
  • Spread lite mayo on top piece.
  • Cook the egg white in a pan, sprinkle salt & pepper on it.
  • Once egg white is cooked, put it on top of the cheesy turkey goodness.
  • Place the mayo'd top on and chow down :D



It's not as delicious as the McGriddle.. but I can promise it's tasty and a lot better for you!
 
 
 

1 comment: