Hello readers! How was your Christmas and New Year? Mine was excellent, except for the life threatening tornado that hit my city on Christmas night. Thankfully, no one was killed. Christmas Miracle! I've been thinking about my resolutions for this year and so far this is the best of what I've come up with.
What are my lovely readers planning this year? I'd love to know and get some new ideas!
I'll most likely edit this a few times before I'm completely happy, but here is a rough sketch of what I'd like to do to better myself, my life, and possibly the world (it's a stretch) in 2013. Most of them are just for me though :)
1. Learn to decorate better. Wedding cakes, birthday cakes, fondant, gum paste, modeling chocolate, stacking and adding tiers to cakes, etc. Anything that can improve my skills in baking for my future storefront!
2. Numero dos kind of pertains to numero uno. What can I say, I love food! Make one new thing a week. Be it a recipe (most likely), a craft idea, or art, I want to create more.
3. Give more. I'd like to volunteer a few times to help those who need it most or to support a good cause. If I can't donate my money, I will donate my time.
4. Be kinder and less judgmental. I've been working on that for years. It's tough when almost everyone around me (especially my Dad) judges and says nasty things about people they don't know. In other words, I want to stop making assumptions about people I've never met. This has been and will continue to be tricky for me because I was raised in a very judgmental and racist family. I will probably still make jokes, but that's just who I am. I'm sarcastic and I joke about everything; that will never stop.
5. Post blogs more often. As Pioneer Woman says, "..Consider your blog a precious bloom that requires daily nurturing and watering. If you water a plant once every two weeks, it will shrivel." I water my plant once a month. No wonder I don't have any readers!
6. Although I will be baking and cake decorating more often, I want to focus more attention on eating healthy and exercising from this year on. I did pretty good in part of 2012, but those damn holidays.... grrrr..
7. Remind those closest to me how important and precious they are; life is too short and sudden to do anything else.
8. Go on more adventures! Life is too short to keep putting things aside! I need stuff to talk about when I'm an old granny. Someone will have to keep the youngsters entertained.
That is all I have for now. I'm sure I'll think of something else later though! I'm looking forward to spending this year and the rest of my years with my friends and family.
Happy New Year from me & mine! <3