Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Coconut Dream Cakes

I decided to make some cupcakes for Easter, and what better than coconut! These little vanilla cakes are soaked with a coconut cream, topped with homemade cool whip, and sweetened shredded coconut. I also played around with some beautiful bright Easter colors; blue, purple, and green. I put the cupcakes in a variety of different cupcake wrappers and made some really beautiful cupcakes! Unfortunately, they don't taste up to par (in my opinion), so I'm going to have to attempt a round two when I get time.

When I try these again, I'm going to have to find a way to incorporate the cream into the cupcake without pouring it on top, and make a coconut butter cream instead of homemade cool whip.

Finished product in one of my rainbow wrappers
They are incredibly messy!

I love these colors!

In the refrigerator to cool

The Blue and Purple Marbled cake in the rainbow wrapper is my favorite!

Spring green

Have you ever seen this many colors in a batch of cupcakes?

Marbled and colorful, perfect for Easter.


No comments:

Post a Comment