Friday, June 15, 2012

Special Occasion: Bananas Foster Cupcakes!

I haven't made cupcakes in a few months. I've been baking all kinds of other things, especially cheesecakes, because I want to open a bakery in a few years. When I do, I'm going to have a lot more than cupcakes there. Cupcakes are one of my favorite things to create, though! I like pretty much anything miniature, and I love sweets, so cupcakes are perfect for me!

However, living in the Deep South for most of my life has opened me up to a lot of Southern influences, especially Cajun influences. I live right outside of Mobile, AL, which means I'm about 4 hours away from New Orleans, LA. It's one of my favorite places to go in the U.S!

On one of the last trips I made to NOLA, I had an opportunity to eat at Chef Emeril Legasse's Delmonico restaraunt. It's that kind of restaraunt you see in movies or read about, where there's no price on the menu and the waiters attend your every need (they also have a little table shovel for crumbs!) For a party of three, we paid about $100 dollars each. The most memorable thing that we ate there was dessert:


BANANAS. FOSTER.

Oh my goodness, I've never forgotten the Bananas Foster that I ate at Delmonico's! That being said, I've created Bananas Foster cupcakes on behalf of my friend Tara's birthday!


These are by far, one of the fanciest and best-tasting batch of cupcakes I've ever made. If you ate about six of them, you would probably begin to feel a buzz from all of the rum! It's a spiced coconut cupcake with rum in the batter, spiced cream cheese icing with rum, and the bananas foster spooned on top. The whole package has hints of spicy cinnamon and nutmeg, and a smooth taste of coconut and rum. The Bananas Foster topping finishes it off!

Caution: These cupcakes are messy, delicious, and highly addictive! Click on the Recipes tab to view the recipe!

Comment with feedback and questions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment