Saturday, August 4, 2012

Hiatus

Hello!! It's been a while huh?
Well, I've been super busy enjoying my summer! I haven't really baked anything in a while. My dad is living at home now and he's diabetic, so baking things around him is a special kind of torture.

However! I am dieting again.
About 2 years ago I started a calorie diet, maximum of 1200 calories a day. It only lasted about 3 months but within those three months I lost 35lbs! Now, Randy and I are watching our calories and working our butts off to get in shape! We're taking a trip to Las Vegas for New Years and we want to look like rock stars. Not that we don't already!

Before, I was almost starving myself at 1200 calories a day. Now I'm doing a 1400 calorie diet and I'm doing much better. In fact, I've lost 5lbs so far. :) Randy has lost A LOT more than me! But that's how it goes, isn't it? Men. -_-

There are a lot of things I suggest for those of you looking to lose weight and still be happy with what you're eating. First of all, Cooking Light Magazine is an excellent source of nutritional recipes with a wide variety of recipes to fit almost any diet. I prefer the website over the magazine because, 1. It's free and 2. They put the recipes from the magazines on the website, and IT'S FREE. Pretty much everything I've made so far from their website I have enjoyed, and so has my dad. I recommend the Shrimp Alfredo that was featured on the site!


Two applications I recommend: My Fitness Pal, and Nike Training Club; both are free! My Fitness Pal is an excellent way to track food and exercise and is the highest rated. It has a huge food database and a large network of people to become friends with and a good community for support. If you join and you'd like to become friends, just send me a request! My user name is Chickzyj.

Nike Training Club is free, but as of right now it's only available on Apple devices and YouTube. It has a lot of amazing exercises and work outs that can be done at home. I definitely suggest it for any kind of work out at home. It's better than any work out DVDs I've used and it's completely free.

I'll post recipes on here later on when I have more time, but as of right now I need to get off my butt and get going!



Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

No comments:

Post a Comment